Saturday, September 13, 2014

Review for Chase Your Words single "Right Here"

Hey guys so a little local Vancouver band by the name of Chase Your Words just released their newest single called "Right Here". If you are a fan of All Time Low and 5 Seconds Of Summer, you will enjoy this little number. CYW have come along way in the past year from when they released their first single "Under Attack". By having a sharper sound, and with Chris the lead singer tightening up his vocals (and no I'm not knocking his vocals at all so please don't hate, every singer admits that their vocals always need work, it's how you become the best.) I asked Chris what lyrics of this song meant the most to him, he replied
"I wore my heart on my sleeve hoping to believe that we would never fall apart", and when I asked why he again replied with "The reason behind it is just because sometimes we give our all to the person we love, and to him/her, it just isn't good enough. Wearing your heart on your sleeve, the way I see it, is to allow yourself to be vulnerable and open. I wrote this song a couple of years ago with James, but we recently revived it and rewrote it since it ties in with the story surrounding the EP. The song is about wanting to fix what was broken, and wanting to simply hear what you want to hear from the one you love. I wasn't good enough for "her", and I guess that's the main background story behind most of the EP. Not saying the EP is going to be a downer, but I feel that a lot of people will be able to relate to it, feel the emotions behind each song, and also grow from it." So with that being said check out their single here with a great introduction from Charles Tippy of We The Kings

 

No comments:

Post a Comment