Monday, August 11, 2014

SHE WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES- Interview with Tracy Weddell

Hey guys welcome back to another week in beautiful Vancouver. Or wherever you may be. This week I have a special interview with an amazing woman from Vancouver by the name of Tracy Weddell. Don't know the name? Well by the end of this, you will hopefully love this woman for her amazing beauty inside and out as much as I have and many others who she has come in contact with. The last 4 years have been a struggle in her life and she will go further into detail about that, however it seems that nothing or nobody can stop Tracy.

ITS - WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO PURSUE A CAREER IN MUSIC? 
 
Tracy - "I think what inspired me to  a career in music for myself, was a two part thing..1)  Writing my songs and being able to portray them to people by singing, was a healthy way for me to let go of some of  scars and wounds from the past, from being trapped in dark places in life. 2) It is giving me the needed "PLATFORM" so to say, to be able to reach more people, to give them strength and hope, to let them know that they too can break free."

ITS - WHO HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST INSPIRATIONS IN YOUR LIFE? 
 
Tracy - "oh, lol.. that's a tough one. I was on my own at a young age in life, so I got inspiration from people everywhere, everyday.  People who have faced their battles, who don't give up, who show such strength that it touches your soul. It amazes me how many people silently fight, while most people don't even see it. Those are the biggest inspiration to me, not just one in particular.  There are A LOT of strong people out there.  I'm so very excited to be able to finally get the chance to give inspiration to others through my lyrics/ my life."

ITS - THE LAST FEW YEARS HAVE BEEN A CHALLENGE FOR YOU, CAN YOU EXPLAIN A LITTLE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED?
 
Tracy - "Just over 4 yrs ago, I was racing my girlfriend on her horses, showing off in front of friends. I didn't notice that the chin strap was missing, and the horse took the bit in his mouth and took off. I was heading toward a barbwire fence, and didn't want to get torn up, so I fell and tried to roll. I ended up 9 days in the hospital, was in and out of hospital too many times. I was bed ridden for just over two years and had a baby through those two years, (which I almost died from ) and then was told I needed to accept that I would never walk again. I refused to believe this. I had to fight to find doctors to help me, and have received vascular leg surgery, multiple injections to various areas of my back, and may still need neuro-surgery as time goes on. But I am walking again. It has been roughly a year that I have been learning to walk again and strengthening my body. I am definitely a miracle walking. I went from ordering the medical supplies to help me get out of bed, get into a bathtub, not being able to take care of my family, to being able to get back up on a horse AND dirt bike for my fundraising campaign video, and working with some of the best people in the industry to develop my "Brand"  . The battle isn't over yet, but the war is won. 

ITS - TALK A BIT ABOUT YOUR INDYGOGO CAMPAIGN THAT  YOU HAVE GOING ON.?
 
Tracy - "I have an Indygogo Campaign going called " Tray's Music Campaign, She will arise out of ashes." I have had a few technical difficulties with people being able to donate, so if anyone wants to be a part of the journey and get some cool perks , (IF IT DOESN'T work on the Indygogo end of things,) please message me at my FB link that Rob will provide at end of interview. I'm making other arrangements for if this continues to happen. I had been working with Kevin Williams productions solely on my own pay to get production of the music score and me to get ready to launch, but that's not feasible anymore at this time. We are roughly halfway done production, so I decided to send out my message, my mission, to gain a platform to reach more people than I could alone, to send them strength and light. To be the light they need in dark times. Please take a couple minutes to check out my campaign video, where I shared footage of the first time back on a horse and dirt bike (3/4 of way up Chilliwack mountain) to prove to people that just because someone (a doctor even..) says you CAN'T do something. NOT to give up, to stand strong and fight, the worst that can happen is you can WIN ! xo"

ITS - HOW HAS IT BEEN WORKING WITH YOUR PRODUCER? AND HOW DID YOU GUYS MEET?
 
Tracy - "It has been AWESOME working with Kevin Williams. He is one of the three co-founders of Nimbus School of Recording Arts. Kevin is much more than an insanely talented producer, he is a huge blessing to me. He is a big brother type role in my life, and much more. Kevin is taking what I heard in my head with my songs, and from me singing them has started to bring them to life. He is a kind, hard working, talented man, and I'm so proud to be working with him, and to be able to call him "friend". I met Kevin on social media. I was networking on Facebook, and came across him, and decided to talk to him about my dream and how it could come to be. He seemed inspired in my story, my life, and wanted to work with me. We met for coffee, talked a bit, sent him my lyrics, which he wrote back to say I had his confidence as a lyrical artist, and its been incredible ever since! He is an incredible blessing to my life, and always goes above and beyond for me, which I will never forget. I hope to make him very proud :)."

ITS - I'VE HEARD YOU ASSOCIATING THE PHRASE" SHE WILL ARISE OUT OF ASHES" WITH YOURSELF,. EXPLAIN WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOU.
 
Tracy - "I have referred to that phrase MANY MANY times lol. I truly see my life that way, not only from the very visible physical angle, where I couldn't walk anymore and was told I never would again. Having to re-learn how to do simple things we take for granted like walking again, but also in my life, I went through very dark places, in many ways in my life, (there is going to be a biography on it in the future, it's still in discussion phase) I have been through them all. But even though I've had times of my life where I used to pray every night for god to let me "come home". Things were THAT bad, I was built back up again, STRONGER than ever, this time to live with enough strength to share, to be able to give it to others, to help them raiup and out of those dark oppressed times in life. Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. NEW STRENGTH AND NEW LIFE ARISES. ;)"

ITS - IF YOU HAD ONLY ONE FOOD TO CHOOSE TO SURVIVE OFF OFWHAT WOULD IT BE?
 
 
 
Tracy -"It would soooo be SUSHI ! :)  I love sushi."
 
If you want to check out Tracy's Indygogo campaign you can click the following link\
 
 
And if you want to follow her on her journey in her aspiration to become a musician you can follow her on Facebook
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment