Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Interview With Joel Stibbs

Here we are right back at it again. I want to apologize to my loyal fans for not releasing my interview with my next guest Joel Stibbs on Monday. So as I just stated my interview this week is with the amazingly talented Joel Stibbs, who is from Maple Ridge. Joel came into the music scene in 2013, and has a unique pop acoustic sound that will grab you and drag you in. So here we go.




ITS - What or who inspired you to pursue a career is music?

Joel - "Oh well, it was the only place I could find to truly express myself, I wrote poetry a lot as a kid and picked up guitar in my teens, so naturally I combined the two and began writing and performing songs. It was just the only way I could take all the internal business of myself and externalize it. If I wasn't doing this, i'd probably go insane."




 
ITS - Being a Vancouver musician how do you feel the scene is at this point?
Joel - "I'm pretty new on the scene, but I've been watching it for a while and I have to say I'm proud. We're a talented bunch, with great single performers and awesome bands everywhere, with amazing fans who get really into the music!
That being said, I do think there is a bit of lack of organization. There is no real central hub of the "scene" as it were, and as such, things get muddled a lot, which is unfortunate. But overall I have a very positive view of the local folk!" 

ITS - What song that you have performed (original or cover) have you enjoyed playing the most and why?
Joel - "Well I love playing my original song Getaway Car [featured later in this article! Old video though sorry!], since it gets a great audience reaction. I also love playing "No Diggity" on stage, which gets everybody singing along, and its just so fun to play!" 


 
ITS - What does 2014 have in store for you and your fans? 
Joel - "Ohhhh so much stuff! Like a bunch of amazing announcements that I don't want to spoil yet, lets just say you should keep an eye on my twitter for a bunch of sweet announcements in the near future!" 

 
ITS - Who have been some of your favorite bands that you have performed with?

Joel - "I've played shows with Chase Your Words, which was great! This Side Of Town is just radballs of course, and Alexander France is baller!"

ITS - I like to throw in a fun question, what kind of ritual do you have to prepare you for a show?
Joel - "I can't speak for anybody else, but I find that sweating a lot, having my heart beat an uncomfortably fast speed, and feeling queasy reaaaally helps get me ready to perform. Its just a weird quirk I have."


 
Follow Joel on

Twitter - @Joelstibbsmusic
Facebook - Joel Alexander Stibbs
Youtube - Joel Stibbs


 

No comments:

Post a Comment