Monday, July 28, 2014

Album review for The Bushido Project by Brevner

Hey guys this week, I took a step back from the interviews because I had to do a review of this amazing album by Vancouver's very own Matt Brevner. Released back on November 11 2012, this album titled "The Bushido Project" kind of flew under the radar to most who are not active in the underground local scene. For those of you who don't know what the term "Bushido" means, it means "The way of the warrior". This 14 song album has some great tracks with some great features like "Fishes" ft Erma La Douce, "Pride" ft Stevie Ross" , and "Dark side of the moon" ft Mr. Macdonald. One track of the album called "Sinners" is my personal favorite song, simply of the sample from Metrics "Artificial Nocturne" off their "Fantasies" album. When asked what his favorite lyric on his album was Brevner was quoted as saying "I don't know if I can pick a favorite lyric, Each one is equally important to me." And when I asked him his favorite track he said "My favorite song on the record though is definitely "Not To Blame" because I think it's helped a lot of people deal cope with stress and lack of self confidence." If you don't have this album in your library yet head to http://thebushidoproject.bandcamp.com/ and pick it up now. Until then check out the video for the song "Dark side of the moon" ft Mr. Macdonald here

No comments:

Post a Comment