Monday, June 16, 2014

Interview with PJ Kingpin Wilson

Hey guys so a few weeks back I had done a CD review for PJ KIngpin Wilson's upcoming album "Return Of The KingPin" and with the success that had I decided that we should get into the head a little bit of the future "Motown" wonder. PJ is from Barrie, Ontario and is bringing back the sounds of "Motown", making you feel inner happiness when you hear it. PJ has worked with Juno award-winning producer Chris Perry, Grammy-nominated Kuya Productions, Ryan Toby (From City High), and Canadian R&B Artist Dru Grange. While the name KingPin may not yet be know in the music world, believe when I say he will be known and you do not want to miss out on hi journey. so with that here we go.

ITS - Who was your biggest influence in pursuing a career in music?

PJ - "Would be my late mother “Marie Jean Wilson”. When I was
younger, I liked to sing but I was also very shy about it. So my
mom would catch me singing and she would always say “God
gave you a gift so get out there and sing!” She was a constant
supportive influence. After she passed away in 2001 it was
singing and writing songs that helped me with the grieving
process and I began to work at finding producers and ways to
make music and it was then I started to pursue becoming and
artist."

ITS - Where did you get your inspiration from for writing your
album "Return Of The Kingpin"?

PJ - "Well the album came together because the first song which
was written by Ryan Toby, Andrew Grange and Kuya, was called
“Give Good-Bye a try” The song focused on relationships and how
sometimes people hold on to something too long even though they
know its reached it’s end. So the Ep was given a story and the story
was what could possibly cause individuals to reach that point in their
relationship and what are the emotions that people experience while
going through the scenarios of failed romance. To write the songs
I was able to draw from personal experience as well as from the
experiences that have been shared with me by family and friends."

ITS - What plans do you have for 2014?

PJ - "Plans in 2014 are simple I plan to Perform, currently I am
practicing with a band in order to start performing ASAP. As
well I will have some songs being released in Europe by Italian
Independent Label CDF Records later this summer and into the
Fall. The songs are a collaboration, with international producer
and Dj, Mario Romano. I will also be looking to make 2 videos to
go along with the release of those songs. Finally just to continue
promoting my music here and abroad."

ITS - If you could describe yourself in 1 phrase, what would it be and
why?

PJ - "The phrase would be “watch out world I’m ready to happen.”
Why because I am so ready to share my music with the world
and I believe it’s good enough and ready! I want to be a positive
influence in music and hopefully through success in Music I will
be able to affect change in this world in a positive manner."

ITS - If you could choose 1 type of food to live off of what would it be and
why?

PJ - "This has been the most difficult question to answer because I love
food! But I’d have to say Chinese food. It was a struggle Italian is like
1A. But I chose Chinese because it has vegetables and meat and I love
me some sweet an sour chicken so there is a ton of variety."

ITS - What artists or bands would you want to collaborate with and why?

PJ - "The band I’d like to collaborate with would be the “Roots Band”
I’ve been a fan of them for a long time, they are amazing musicians
and performers they can play anything and they incorporate many
instruments into there music.
Also I’d like to collaborate with Quincy Jones. He is such a musical
genius and he has worked with the best! So I think I could learn so
much from him and that he could bring out the best in me.
Finally Boyz II Men because they are my personal favorite performers
and singers and it would be a dream come true to work with my
childhood idols.
Although I could go on because there are so many great artists past
and present! And there is so much to learn about being an artist! I find
there is always ways to evolve and grow."

If you want to join PJ on his journey you can on:

Twitter - https://twitter.com/PJKINGPIN
and facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PJWILSONMUSIC


Also you can check out his video for his song "Sinners" here

No comments:

Post a Comment