Monday, October 13, 2014

Interview with Brianne Bowker



Iggy Azalea, Kreayshawn, 2 names that recently have made a big impact on the music scene, and more importantly have made a big impact in the Rap community, giving talented women the push of confidence that they may have needed to fulfill their dreams. Now the future will be impacted even further with a crazy white girl, that goes by the name of Brianne Bowker or as she is going to want to be called BMB, coming on the scene with her single "White Girl Crazy". This talented and beautiful woman come to us from Pittsburgh PA, and not only can she rap but she has one hell of a voice as well. This is definitely one talent you wont want to miss out on.

ITS - Who are your biggest inspirations personally and musically?
BMB - "Personally, my mom. She's the strongest woman I know. Musically, I was never inspired by any female rappers.. all males. I listened to a lot of Tupac, T.I., Ja Rule, Eminem, J.Cole, Drake & Kendrick Lamar. To name a few vocalists who have inspired me.. the main ones would be Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston (RIP), Trey Songz, & my new fav August Alsina."

ITS - what kind of challenges (if any) do you face as a young female hip hop artist from Pittsburgh?
BMB - "There's always gonna be challenges. I'd say the biggest one as of right now is trying to go beyond the "local celebrity" status, & get my music heard by different people all across the country."

ITS - Talk a little a bit about your song "White Girl Crazy" where did the inspiration come from in writing it.
BMB - "Well, I usually only write from experience.. so let's just say I was in a very similar situation. And I knew many other women could relate."

ITS - A question I like to ask hip hop artists is that Nas has stated in the past that "Hip Hop is dead" what is your stance on that statement?

BMB - "Hip hop will never die. When a dope rap beat comes on it runs through my veins.. that feeling could never be explained nor replaced."

ITS - What plans do you have for the remainder of 2014 leading into 2015?
BMB - "My plan is to drastically expand my fan base, everywhere I go I want people to acknowledge me as "BMB"."

ITS - Final question- a fun question I like to throw in, if you choose one kind of food to live off of what would it be and why?
BMB - "Oh wow that's tough! But ahhh I'd probably have to say Italian food. I couldn't imagine never eating pasta again."

Thank you again for taking the time to sit with us and do this interview. If you want to followthis lovely girl on social media and get all the upcoming information on what she will be doing you can here.

Instagram/Twitter: xo_bmb
Facebook:
www.facebook.com/bmb412
Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/bmb412
If you want to check out her track "White Girl Crazy" you can here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKJpOuqUhnA






No comments:

Post a Comment