Monday, February 3, 2014

Interview with Kieran Mercer

Hey guys hope you all had a great weekend. so this week I got the chance to catch up with 604 Records recording artist Kieran Mercer. For those of you who don't know who Kieran Mercer is, he is from White Rock BC, who has unique vocals and is very talented. I recently only discovered who he was when he opened up for Fighting For Ithaca at Tom Lee Music Hall, and I fell in love with his vocals right away. This young talent is sure to be going places in his young career. Alright so lets get to it.




ITS - Who has been your biggest influence in your life?




Kieran - " I would say at least for music it would be Michael Jackson. The amount of ground breaking things he did with his music will be remembered forever and I find that extremely influential on what artists can do with their craft."



ITS - What motivated you to pursue a career in music?



Kieran -"Probably listening to records with my family when I was a kid... I acknowledged that everyone would instantly become happy and dance when they heard a song they like and I thought... that seems like a good job."



ITS - What were some of your accomplishments in 2013?



Kieran - "2013 seems like it was a transition year for me... I was trying different things with my music and feeling out what sound connects with people and what I really want to go for. I was really proud of my release "Give it to me" and they great response it had on youtube and digital radio."



ITS - How would you describe the music scene in Vancouver right now?



Kieran - "It's hard to describe the Vancouver music scene because its always changing... I find it a really hard one to mix in with. There is lots of indie rock bands... hard rock... folk... but not a lot of pop artists. There is some really great up and coming bands from Vancouver like Dear Rouge... I really enjoy them." 



ITS - What are in the plans for 2014?



Kieran - "2014 should be an interesting one for me and hopefully a big step in the right direction... I recently finished writing and recording some songs in Hollywood with producer Jon levine who just recently did the new Serena Ryder album. I'm really excited to release the new music and get out on the road to tour in early spring."



Thank you so much Kieran for taking the time and doing this. If you want to know what going on in the musical life of Kieran Mercer, hit him up on social media.



Facebook - Kieran Mercer



Twitter - @kieranmercer



Youtube - Kieran Mercer


If you want to hear what Kieran has to offer check out his song Give It To Me here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuiIT0MTieQ.


No comments:

Post a Comment